Churn is the slayer of any recurring-revenue business. Whether you’re bootstrapping a product or running a well-funded company, a steady stream of real people have to keep buying what you’re selling – or the lights go out.
You’ve worked absurdly hard to create something worthwhile (and to win the business that keeps the espresso machine running)…but how many of those customers drop off the map every month?
- Is your onboarding process engaging or frustrating?
- Are your customers reaching clearly-defined success milestones?
- Is your customer support strategy empowering or confusing?
- Are you busy putting out fires instead of thinking long-term?
- Is your lifecycle messaging actually improving churn?
- Are you doing everything you can to help your customers grow?
It’s really hard to answer these questions without a solid Customer Success strategy in place. Having a poor or incomplete Customer Success strategy is like carrying water uphill in a leaky bucket; with every step you take you’re losing a painful amount of the thing you’ve worked so hard to earn.
Not only that, but your support, marketing, and product teams have to work harder to compensate for the customers you’re losing every month.
This sucks up even more time and emotional energy – time and energy competitors are using to help their customers grow.
With Customer Success, you can greatly reduce or eliminate churn.
Imagine a situation where:
- More customers are successfully using your product faster.
- You attract more of the best customers who help you grow.
- Your customer support experiences are overwhelmingly positive.
- You transform upset customers into your most outspoken fans.
- Improved account growth boosts marketing and sales efforts.
- You’re helping all your customers grow and become advocates!
What a pretty picture! How much less stressed would you be? How would you feel knowing your business is doing what it was designed to do…make people’s lives better?
You can drastically improve retention and account growth by sticking to some simple rules.
Making all this happen is not rocket surgery, but does require some applied expertise. Luckily for you, I’ve spent most of the last decade immersed in the art and science of how people communicate and make decisions.
- how to ensure customers aren’t doomed to fail from the start.
- how to speak to and acquire more of your best customers.
- what makes some customers thrive and others fizzle out.
- the critical mindset shift needed to improve account growth.
- the one thing almost everybody avoids, and how to leverage it.
- behavioral patterns you can use to help people feel successful.
I think you deserve to have thriving, excited, and successful customers.
If anything you’ve read here resonates with you, I’d love for you to email me and tell me a bit about your business.
You can also visit my LinkedIn profile for a peek at some of my previous work. Look forward to hearing from you!